Resistance Wire » Wire » Standard » KA1
NOTE: If you are looking for a specific gauge not listed above, please Contact Us to inquire about current lead times.
- Withstands temperatures up to 1400°C
- Uses: Primarily used for industrial furnaces, kilns, and other equipment with the highest continuous operating temperatures such as heat-treating, ceramics, glass, steel, aluminum, and the electronics industries. Alloy is less susceptible to distortion, growth, and increase in resistance when heated than other alloys of similar composition. While quite resistant to sulfur corrosion, this alloy is not recommended for use in reducing atmospheres other than dry hydrogen.
- Common Name: Kanthal A1, Kanthal, Alloy 875, Resistohm 145, Aluchrom 0, Alchrome 875, MWS-875, Stablohm 875
- Specific Resistance: 875 ohms/cmf, 147.47 microohm/cm
- Nom. Temp. Coeff. of Resistance (TCR): 0.00002 ohm/ohm/°C (0-100°C)
- Density: 0.256 lb/cu. in.
- Specific Heat (20°C): 0.11 cal/g
- Nominal Coefficient of Linear Expansion: 15 X 10-6 in/in/°C
- Approx. Melting Point: 1500°C
- Tensile Strength at 20°C: 200 KPSI Hard, 115 KPSI Annealed
- Magnetic Attraction: Strong