Resistance Wire » Wire » Standard » A52
NOTE: If you are looking for a specific gauge not listed above, please Contact Us to inquire about current lead times.
- Withstands temperatures up to 600°C
- Uses: Alloy exhibits low resistivity and high temperature coefficient of resistance. Typical applications include voltage regulators, timing devices, temperature sensitive resistors, temperature compensating devices, motor control, heating wires and cables, precision and vitreous resistors, potentiometers, and low temperature heating applications.
- Common Name: Alloy 52, Kanthal 52
- Specific Resistance: 260 ohms/cmf, 37 microohm/cm
- Nom. Temp. Coeff. of Resistance (TCR): 0.0029 ohm/ohm/°C (0-100°C)
- Density: 0.301 lb/cu. in.
- Specific Heat (20°C): 0.119423 cal/g
- Nominal Coefficient of Linear Expansion: 4.9 X 10-6 in/in/°C
- Approx. Melting Point: 1435°C
- Tensile Strength at 20°C: 150 KPSI Hard, 70 KPSI Annealed
- Magnetic Attraction: Strong