Resistance Wire » Wire » Standard » A180
NOTE: If you are looking for a specific gauge not listed above, please Contact Us to inquire about current lead times.
- Withstands temperatures up to 500°C
- Uses: Alloy exhibits low resistivity and high temperature coefficient of resistance. Typical applications include voltage regulators, timing devices, temperature sensitive resistors, temperature compensating devices, motor control, heating wires and cables, precision and vitreous resistors, potentiometers, and low temperature heating applications.
- Common Name: Alloy 180, CuNi 180, 180 Alloy, MWS-180, Cuprothal 180, Midohm, HAI-180, Cu-Ni 23, Alloy 380, Nickel Alloy 180
- Specific Resistance: 180 ohms/cmf, 29.93 microohm/cm
- Nom. Temp. Coeff. of Resistance (TCR): 0.00018 ohm/ohm/°C (0-100°C)
- Density: 0.321 lb/cu. in.
- Specific Heat (20°C): 0.092 cal/g
- Nominal Coefficient of Linear Expansion: 15.8 X 10-6 in/in/°C
- Approx. Melting Point: 1090°C
- Tensile Strength at 20°C: 100 KPSI Hard, 50 KPSI Annealed
- Magnetic Attraction: None