NOTE: If you are looking for a specific gauge not listed above, please Contact Us to inquire about current lead times.
- Withstands temperatures up to 1300°C
- Uses: Metal sheathed tubular elements, elements embedded in ceramics for panel heaters, cartridge heaters, heating cables and rope heaters for defrosting and de-icing, mica elements used in irons, quartz tube heaters for space heating, infrared dryers, heating plates, ceramic hobs, bead insulated coils for panel heaters, air heaters, laundry dryers, furnace element terminals, porcupine elements, and furnace heating elements.
- Common Name: Kanthal D, Kanthal, Alloy 815, Alchrome DK, Alferon 901, Resistohm 135, Aluchrom 5, Stablohm 812
- Specific Resistance: 815 ohms/cmf, 135 microohm/cm
- Nom. Temp. Coeff. of Resistance (TCR): 2e-05 ohm/ohm/°C (0-100°C)
- Density: 0.262 lb/cu. in.
- Specific Heat (20°C): 0.11 cal/g
- Nominal Coefficient of Linear Expansion: 11.8 X 10-6 in/in/°C
- Approx. Melting Point: 1500°C
- Tensile Strength at 20°C: 200 KPSI Hard, 115 KPSI Annealed
- Magnetic Attraction: Strong